Mazda3 Forums banner

Warning - 2007 MSP3 owners...

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  ER 
#1 ·
I have posted this before and here is what i learned - - -
I have a 2007 SP3 with the Bose 7 speaker system (average).I went to a shop to have him install a Basslink in the back and 2 blue street glow lights in the driver/passenger well under the dash-connected to the lighter.When he was done everything works but now the speedodometer and the miles/trip computer/guage will not funtion.Yes the light is on in the guage and the RPM guage works as well as everything else.Also the check engine/brake/traction/ABS symbols in the tach guage stay on.The car runs excellent and the Basslink does make a great upgrade.
Anyhow we got a couple of mechanics to look at it with their scanners and try to reset it and it will not.They said the new mazda's have a computer in them that when the battery is disconected for a certain amount of time (this was off for 30 mins)they have to be reset at the dealership becuase they currently have the $ 4000.00 module to do it.Very easy fix,just a pain going to the dealer for that.I asked that in the future if i want to change out my battery i will not be able to becuase of this issue,they said yes unless more of these modules show up in secondary auto repair shops.They said that VW / BMW and others are doing the same in their 07 cars,may be the technology or a marketing ploy.Has anyone with a 07 diconnected their battery of at least 30 mins and what happened ? I have my appt on monday(comp reset) and the rest of the stereo install on saturday.Worth it-yes for a excellent speaker system that will blow the Bose away. Comments ?

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.