Mazda3 Forums banner

Is This A Quick Fix ???

12K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  WinningBlueMica`05 
#1 ·
So I am driving on the highway and I start hearing something dragging......the plastic guard under my car has come loose. Does this just snap back in place or is there more to it ?

Thanks for any help!

Jono

See less See more
#4 ·
[quote author=WinningBlueMica`05 link=topic=53984.msg882223#msg882223 date=1155416384]
So I am driving on the highway and I start hearing something dragging......the plastic guard under my car has come loose. Does this just snap back in place or is there more to it ?

Thanks for any help!

Jono
[/quote]just a screw doubt if its the dealers fault...unless they did some work in that area.....should be an easy fix but you shud get it done before doing any damage.....

#5 ·
I don't think the dealer would take that shield off while servicing your car, unless you had a specific issue with your car in that area. I find that the shield is likely to come loose or damaged if you drive over something that your car can't clear properly -- anything come to mind?

#6 ·
No offence man but although I don't know a lot about cars I am not stupid. Obviously driving over something big could cause this and no I haven't or else I would know that it was my fault. I drove home from the dealer yesterday and to steak and stein and back today, that's it. Just seems odd to me that it has been fine all along an the day after I go there it falls off. Could just be bad timing but like I said it makes me wonder. It doesn't make a sound when driving like 30-60 km but as soon as I start to brake you can hear it dragging.

#9 ·
nonon
i didnt read every post but that same thing happend to me..
went to city mazda

apperantly there was a recall on a few of the mazda 3's or something?
like.. a few "batches" or 3's?? i dunno

you go there.. they replace it free of charge with a new one that's shaped differently with holes in different places or something..

but i had the same thing happen to me..
i used zip ties till I got to the dealer (it's all I had in the car to hold it together)

#10 ·
Along with what everyone else said....It bolts up along the front bumper as well as the sides by the wheel well guards. When it has all the bolts it keeps the side guards in place also. I know because I had to remove mine and do some repairs to it after my wife went up over a curb to avoid an accident a while back. They don't have to remove it to do oil changes or anything routine like that because it has cut outs to get at the filter and plug.

It costs $154 + tax at Steele..........that expense can wait!:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.