Mazda3 Forums banner

Light in headlight area doesn't work.

8K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  scooter1963 
#1 ·
I have a '08 Mazda 6i. The light between the high beam and the directional does not work. Is this a true light or is it for looks.

t=comic sans ms][/font]

#2 ·
My apologies for the delayed response. I'll take a look at my Mazda6 tomorrow. Offhand, from outside to inside, it should be:
Low beam
High beam
Fog light
Parking light

I know I'm missing something in there, since I didn't say signal light. Is the light you're referring to not working on either side? I'm guessing it's the fog light then, and that you have a base 6i without them.

How's Boston treating you? I lived there for 8 years, and my Fiance is still there.

#3 ·
That's ok. I think you're right. From outside to inside:
Low Beam
Signal Light
"Fog Light"
High Beam
Can I get them to work for short $, or is it a big deal.
I bought the 6 back in mid Janurary and the drivers side fender got hit 1 1/2 weeks ago. :( My rental was a Toyota Corolla :x Glad to get my car back today be fore the weekend!!
I live in a suburb outside of Boston, in Billerica. Nice and quite.
Thanks again-Kevin

#4 ·
Nope, it's easy. Lights are like $7-10. I just replaced one the other day. The only issue is the Mazda6 doesn't make it easy to get to them, but with the 4-cyl, it's much easier than the 6. If it's the fog light, you need an H3 halogen bulb. You can replace it yourself for like $7-10, as I said... or pay someone like $25+ to do it (sears or whatever). Personally, if you haven't done it before, I'd just pay someone to do it, unless you really want to learn. I scrape my hands up like crazy every time I do it.

#6 ·
I've never looked behind there on a 6i base, but as far as I know, no, you don't. That being said, it doesn't mean you couldn't wire it in if you really wanted to get into it... but even then I'm not sure, because I'm not sure if the headlight assembly is actually the same or not.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.