Mazda3 Forums banner

New MS3

5K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  pzr2874 
#1 ·
I know there are probably 100 threads like this already so sorry in advance lol.

After 3 years driving my 2010 mazda3 I finally upgraded to the ms3, 2013 pearl white. Any advice for these cars? What mods are worth getting into without voiding my warranty?

#2 ·
Congratulations. Can't give much advice regarding the Speed3's, but IMHO modding under warranty is kinda variable. If your service department is dicky, they could try to hose you for anything mechanical. On the other hand, they may be okay. At your own risk I guess is what I'm saying.

On the other hand, as long as the work is done right (ie professionally, whether by a pro or by you) I can't see you having any issue with appearance mods and audio work. Sure if you short out a PJB or burn up a wiring harness, they're going to point the finger at anything electrical you've done (rightly so, that's where I'd start, and I used to work as a mechanic) but your engine, gearbox, and AC would be above reproach and those are THE items you want covered under warranty due to the cost.

#5 · (Edited)
I think you might need a hpfp just to be on the safe side. I mean it won't hurt especially if you keep modding... be smart if you need to take the car back to the dealer throw the stock parts back on it. I mean exhaust sounds ok... pretty sure they won't give you shit for it.

Hold the steering wheel, cause torque steer is a bitch. LOL. at times.
warm your car up before going into boost.
keep out of boost under 3k rpm

But nice choice on the color haha, I have a 2008.5 gen1 ms3.

p.s. counter strike took my life over middle school and high school! ahha

#7 ·
I honestly cant imagine why you would need a HPFP from just doing an intake. It sucks the same amount of air really as the stock one, just sounds way better.

I really cant see you needing one with an exhaust either. Its just tubing. I'm no expert though on Gen2s and i've had a few beers lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.